Sunday, October 7, 2007

Better Not Quit My Day Job

Last night, I happened to watch Pursuit of Happyness on HBO. Damn. I hate to say it, but I think Chris Gardner has me, and probably 70 percent of all of us "aspiring or practicing inspirational figures," beat.

I've done the math. His life was probably approximately fifteen times harder than mine (taking into account his financial, racial, and family barriers as opposed to my purely physical barriers), so that means that in order to warrant as much of a right to inspiration-dom as he has, I would need to become fifteen times more successful than him. Assuming that now he probably makes at least ten million per year (I am purely guessing, so please don't laugh at my numbers), I would need to make 10X15 million dollars per year in the next twenty-five years. Taking into account inflation, my salary would therefore have to be somewhere in the range of one gazillion dollars per year. Plus, I would need to have thirty kids (he has two), and win fifteen "Mother of the Year" awards.

I guess I'll just have to be satisfied with my blog as my medium. And if I ever do get a movie deal, I'll probably have to settle for a Melissa Joan Hart-caliber actress rather than Will Smith.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool story you got here. I'd like to read something more concerning that theme. Thanx for sharing this data.

Anonymous said...

hello people. I'm actually into shoes and I was digging for the sake of that meticulous make. The prices seeking the sneakers were about 170 dollars on every site. But completely I bring about this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good day dudes. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been looking for the sake of that meticulous model. The prices for the shoes are around 250 dollars on every page. But definitively I found this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably order them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone

We do not agree with this year BRITs 2010 decision.

Please visit our little poll

http://micropoll.com/t/KDqOnZBCWt

Lady Gaga can not be better than Nina Hagen

Poll supported by BRIT awards 2010 sponsor femmestyle
[url=http://www.femmestyle.ch/tips/index.html]nach schönheitsoperationen[/url]

BRITs.co.uk - tickets left standing!! This Competition is now closed
OK

Anonymous said...

good afternoon everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I had been searching for the sake of that exact brand. The prices as regards the boots are about 190 pounds on every site. But for all I found this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

hello everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking as far as something that exact make. The prices due to the fact that the boots were about 350 dollars on every page. But finally I bring about this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

Pretty interesting site you've got here. Thanx for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read more soon.

Bella Benedict